Monday, October 15, 2012

Emily & Oma

  When Emily was born, my Mom was there.  When she was 18 months old, Emily had surgery for a diaphragmatic hernia and spent 15 days at Children's hospital, 12 of those day on a ventilator.  My Mom stayed there with me while I stayed with Emily.  All through Em's life, my Mom was there for me.  She knew first hand about raising a child with a disability.  She undersood what I was feeling.
  Mom was diagnosed with Breast cancer in  1996.  She had a mastectomy, radiation and chemo and surprised the Dr's by living in remission for 15 years. When she died, it wasn't from cancer.  I believe God let her stay here to help me raise Emily. 

Yes, that's a pair of Emily's pants on Mom's head. 
They were playing dress up.
 
Having a picnic at the zoo.
 

Mother's day luncheon,
 
A Hundred years from now,
It will not matter what my bank account was
the sort of house I lived in,
or the kind of car I drove.
 But the world may be different
because I was important
in the life of a child.
 
My mom made a difference in my life, and in Emily's life, and in this world!
 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment