Tuesday, July 31, 2018

Delays and Detours

The shortest distance between two points is a straight line. And although that is a mathematical truth, it is not reality in life.

There's birth and then there's death - 2 points.  But the life between those points is more like a roller coaster than a straight line. There's ups and downs, sharp turns and straight-a-ways. There's times you grasp the bar, white-knuckled, and screech with fear. There's times you throw your hands up in the air and squeal with delight, and times in between in which you just recover.

But this life isn't a carnival ride, It's real, and it's every day. And sometimes I just can't see past the 'downs' .

And then I read God's promise in Matt 28:20  I am with you all the days and on every occasion.  He's with me in the rain and in the rainbow.  He's with me in the darkest night and the brightest day.

A couple of years ago, I was driving the interstate and saw the sign "detour ahead". I groaned. I was alone in the car, but almost audibly, I heard these words: (I pulled off and wrote them down)

                Don't be discouraged in the hard stuff.
                Don't dispair the bad stuff.
               Don't be be dismayed with the delays and detours.
        For I AM the All Wise, All Powerful, Always Present God.

Amen and Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment