Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Sunday morning at home

It's been a stressful week, no, month, well, actually, it's been a stressful year.  This morning, we just stayed home and enjoyed being together.  Ray started out his day by going fishing, still in his bathrobe.  Watching a bobber in the water isn't really my thing, but Ray is, so I joined him on the dock with my morning coffee.

     

          
  We live on approximately 15 acres, just about 20 minutes from everywhere.  Sometimes that's a hassel, sometimes it's heaven.  This morning, I just relaxed in the sights and sounds of my home.   I listened to the purple martins call to each other as they flew overhead.  The pond was so smooth that the reflection was almost as clear as the  birdhouse itself.  Our silly ducks, who we raised from ducklings in the chicken house, don't know how to fly.  They're so awkard on land, but in the water, they're graceful as swans.


We walked around the property and found Miss Puss nursing her kittens, and breathed the fragrance of a volunteer wild rose bush which makes the barn and the barbed wire fence post look good. 


The word that comes to mind is GRATEFUL.  I am grateful for my husband, who really is my best friend and for this little piece of ground we call home, which is a respite from the cares of the world.



1 comment:

  1. I am GRATEFUL that God lead Ray to you!!! You have been such a blessing to our family! I know that I am going to enjoy your blog.

    ReplyDelete